Saturday, April 11, 2009

God is Good


I just attended the Mercy Me and Jeremy Camp concert in Springfield. I have to tell you, I am deeply moved by the experience. The music was amazing and so were the messages. If you didn't get to go, you missed out MAJORLY!!!

Today, I have been looking at two scriptures specifically:

Psalm 27:13 "I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."

Psalm 34:8 "Taste and see that the Lord is good."

Eventually, we will come to say that everything is good because the Lord has "allowed" everything. He knows what is best for HIS glory. God's goodness is all over everything that He does. Sometimes we might ask, but why did God allow this to happen. The only thing I can say is that He allowed it for His glory. He is good to those who wait upon Him. He knows them who trust in Him. He knows who is resting in His promises. He, alone, knows that plans He has for us. Plans to prosper us and not to harm us! (See Jer. 29:11) He is working things out for us and in us. God is more concerned about our character than He is about our comfort. God has a plan for WHOLENESS in our lives....total well-being....and especially PEACE.....even in the midst of chaos. He has plans to give us a future and a hope! He doesn't want our lives to end like a train wreck!! We should leave this world with a BANG....meaning we left it a better place than when we first came into it. According to Romans 8:28 we know that ALL things work together for the GOOD of those who love the Lord. ALL THINGS....not just some things!!! If you are a Christian....this promise is for YOU!!! God is faithful! Are you wondering how to increase your faith?? One answer....read your Bible!! Faith comes by hearing the Word of God!!!

Thank you Lord that you keep your promises!!! I will not fear for God is with me! I will not doubt. I will not despair because I believe I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment