Friday, April 10, 2009

Serving the Lord with Gladness.....

Psalm 100:2 "Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing."

I came to this scripture a few days ago and it really spoke to my circumstances and my attitude. I was feeling discouraged and just not really feeling like I was serving God the way I would like. Ideally, I would like to be involved in Deaf Ministry, but God hasn't opened the doors for that yet. This scripture hit me right upside the head!!! As I prayed about it, I realized that I need to be serving God right where I am at. I need to be a good example to those around me. It doesn't matter what I am doing, as long as I am serving.

It's one thing to serve God when you are doing something that you absolutely love and are passionate about. Serving Him with gladness is easy then! But it is completely different to be serving Him with gladness when you aren't doing something you completely like. In Nehemiah 8:10 we are instructed not to sorrow for the joy of the Lord is our strength. If we don't have joy, then we don't have strength. If we don't have strength, then we don't have a witness.

For the past week I have been focusing on serving God with JOY right where I am at and I can't believe the things that have unfolded!!! I've found a spirit filled church, people randomly stop to talk to me about their problems while I am at Walmart and I have the opportunity to share with them about the power of Jesus and some of the things He has done for me. Amazing! Help me Lord to serve you with gladness no matter where I am or what I am doing. Help me Lord not to just a Christian who is satisfied with just doing the bare minimum. Rather, Lord, help me to be a woman of integrity, passion, and excellence. I want a piece of the P.I.E!!!


PASSION
INTEGRITY
EXCELLENCE

No comments:

Post a Comment